Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brasserie Montmartre



We stopped into Brasserie Montmartre on our way downtown to do some shopping. It is a bit off the beaten path, which I always like. It is a large space, and sprawling on the inside. Floor to ceiling white fabrics hang from various poles throughout the dining area, and multiple mirrors and wall décor give the interior a unique and authentic appeal. I can’t quite explain it, but it has a very old school Portland vibe.

A great long bar was a nice place to enjoy a glass of wine/beer in the middle of the day. We were here for Happy Hour at 5pm on a Saturday, and people were starting to trickle in. The bartender was very friendly, although he forgot my boyfriends beer, LOL. We ordered oysters on the half shell (served with a horseradish-champagne mignonette), and waited far too long. It was decent, but nothing memorable. My glass of red was only $5 though, and I think my boyfriends craft beer draft was on Happy Hour as well.

Overall a good place to have a drink, but probably not somewhere I would think to return to dive into the menu.

*Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment