Friday, January 8, 2010

Prost!


We headed to Prost! for a night of beer drinking, meat eating merriment. I just love how Armando is representing Detroit so well in this photo! This place is such a blast. See my review below from a previous visit.

Prost! – 11/14/09 w/Sarah & Chris

I was SO excited to check this place out for eats/drink prior to heading over to Mississippi Studios for a show. The location is perfect, right in the center of the awesome Mississippi Marketplace with all the phenomenal new carts! It is just what I was hoping for: an authentic German experience in good old Portland! Having traveled through Germany a bit and attending Oktoberfest, I had high expectations. I was so happy to see that they nailed every aspect from the cozy, wood décor, to the perfectly chosen beer list (the Paulaner Oktoberfest was a nice treat), and a small menu of simple, traditional eats that are actually served at the real Oktoberfest (from plain bratwurst and pretzels, to a couple of more hearty dishes). The bratwurst was delicious, and I plan to go through the menu over my next visits! We met one of the owners, and he was a very friendly guy with a long bartending history. He was truly happy to just see everyone packing this place (and it was packed!) and he did a great job of working the crowd.

What a treat this place is! This will be my new go-to bar without a doubt. It has great location, character, beers and food – what more could you want?

*Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment